TYPO3 version11.5 brings even more improvements to the vivid list of functionality and user interface. Let’s hit the highlight…
Welcome to the TYPO3 Community! Do you want to connect with TYPO3 friends online as well as offline? Here, I would like to guide 10 ways to connect you with the amazing TYPO3 Community.
IMHO, the TYPO3 Community has lovely, supportive, and friendly people as compared to other OpenSource projects. I’ve been in touch with other communities but personally I just love the TYPO3 Community, they are simply loving, welcoming, and helping guys and gals.
In my one decade of experience with the TYPO3 Community, One thing is very clear that if you stay in touch with the community will definitely improve yourself.
By connecting with TYPO3 Community members, Your learning curves, and knowledge will extremely improve, You can explore and get experience from the TYPO3 core guys and experts.
Benefits to connect with the community’s list is long, but here are some of them;
- Improve your TYPO3 technical skills
- Getting industrial standards TYPO3 solution (for your particular problem)
- Keep up-to-date with latest TYPO3
- Meet with the TYPO3 core team
- Better social-networking and communication skills
- Get together and fun with awesome TYPO3 Community
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic crises, there will be very few TYPO3 events in 2020. In the world, the upcoming time is going to change how people connect, most chances there the people will connect on digital platforms.
Notice from TYPO3 Association
As of today 2nd June 2020, No Physical TYPO3 Association Meetings. Due to the Covid-19 (Corona) virus crisis, the TYPO3 Association Board advises the organization’s officials and team leaders to stop physical meetings in the Association’s name until further notice. Read more
Take a good cup of coffee, and get ready to see how many ways you can connect digitally and fact-to-face get together with TYPO3 Community members.
Very easy, all the TYPO3 events can be found at centralized TYPO3 Events, You can also use the right-side filter to see particular events.
First of all, I suggest you become a TYPO3 Community member from by little give back to the community 7.92 EUR (of course, it’s not compulsory), You will be part of the TYPO3 association.
Join TYPO3 Community Membership and Get the following benefits.
- Participate in the yearly T3A General Assembly
- Participate at official votings (EAB, BCC)
- See and discuss the yearly budgets.
- Use the membership logo at your website
Personally, One of my favorite of TYPO3 events and one of the longest TYPO3 official events. If you are a TYPO3 developer or integrator, You should join at least once (then, you will be regularly part of it ;) Here are some quick highlights.
- Four days TYPO3 event each year (generally arranged in the month of July or Aug)
- Number of TYPO3 Talks, Sessions, and Workshops
- Meet and get to know with a TYPO3 core team
- Share and gain knowledge and experience
- Explore New ideas and problem-solving
- Explore new culture
- Enjoy Food and Fun
Each year, there is an official T3DD dedicated website eg., https://t3dd19.typo3.com/ Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, This year T3DD20 has been canceled keeping everyone’s health and safety. Keep the following T3DD on Twitter
Team T3Terminal attended The Journey of NITSAN at T3DD18 and This year at TYPO3 Developer Days - the speechless experience, Hoping to attend and make it part of a yearly ritual.
TYPO3 International Conference, an especially well-designed and organized event for TYPO3 business people. Here are some quick highlights.
- Two days TYPO3 conference each year (IMHO, would be nice to have 3/4 days)
- Business Talks
- Meet with team TYPO3 GmbH
- The awesome TYPO3 Award event
One of the cool Barcamp styles to meet at TYPO3 camps, It’s basically small TYPO3 events, generally 1/2 days.
TYPO3 Camps are organized in particular region-wise, mostly in Europe to learn and explores TYPO3.
Explore the upcoming TYPO3 Camps Events
If you are eager to closely and regularly connect the TYPO3 Community, then go with your TYPO3 user groups. Basically, it’s a small group of people who regularly meet on a weekly or monthly basis. Here are some common activities.
- Exchange of know-how
- Introducing TYPO3 to newbies
- TYPO3 Tutorials
- Talk about how we can support the TYPO3 Community
- Ideas for new extensions
Team T3Terminal is proudly organizing iTUG - India TYPO3 User Group.
The teams and committees of the TYPO3 Community take on tasks within specific areas, such as core development, education, communication and security.
Join the TYPO3 Team
Take a look at TYPO3 teams https://typo3.org/community/teams like TYPO3 core team, marketing team, education team, security team etc.,
Connect at TYPO3 Sprints
Each TYPO3 team organizes sprints on a monthly basis withs specific work and goals, so you can personally meet with them. Last year, We had TYPO3 code sprints at our office, You will love to see Glimpse to the first ever TYPO3 Code Sprint, India/Asia. We wish & hope to organise this year too.
An “initiative” consists of people with a common interest to make long-term improvements in a specific area of TYPO3 including strategic plans, goals, task-breakdown and monitoring of progress. Join your favorite TYPO3 Initiatives
Now let’s list and talk about how can you be part of digital platforms of TYPO3.
Fact is that, due to COVID-19 crisis, The world is going to bit change, more and more people will prefer to connect and work remotely on digital platforms.
Official TYPO3 social media channels
Un-Official TYPO3 Groups
- TYPO3 Facebook Group
- TYPO3 Facebook German Language Group
- TYPO3 Users Group at LinkedIn
- TYPO3 Developer Group at LinkedIn
- TYPO3 Group at Xing
Live chat with TYPO3 + Slack
To connect with any person, team or group, the TYPO3 Community highly recommends using Slack for TYPO3.
Some of the popular TYPO3 slack channels like;
- #announcements: the TYPO3 project announcement channel - you will automatically join this channel, but you can not post there.
- #typo3-cms: TYPO3 CMS Support-Channel
- #typo3-cms-coredev: TYPO3 CMS core development channel
- #random: have fun, share anything you like
Reach personally and in-groups to ask your questions, idea, help, or support.
Stackoverflow for TYPO3 Questions and Answers
Although Slack is a good channel, I personally highly recommend using Stackoverflow for TYPO3 for help, questions, and answers.
In that way, Other guys can get benefits from your already asked questions and answers.
Idea or Issue for TYPO3 Core CMS
At the early stage of TYPO3 use a mailing list for help and support, and still, some of the channels are active.
Many TYPO3 friends are writing good blog articles, You can keep in touch with them by asking your questions into comments or requesting them to write your question’s article.
Here are some of the popular TYPO3 blog:
- Official TYPO3 Blogs
- Use TYPO3
- TYPO3 Manual
- Daniel Siepmann
- Doc Core Insight
- Scripting Base
- Blogs by Torben Hansen
- Blogs by Richard Haeser
- Blogs by Sebastian Klein
Also, We are continuously writing TYPO3 blog, so we recommend to subscribe our TYPO3 Newsletter at https://t3terminal.com/subscribe-typo3-newsletter/ to regularly receive top reads of TYPO3 straight to your mailbox.
TYPO3 Discussion & Decisions
Decision.TYPO3.org platform is meant for discussions and votings on strategic topics of greater impact for the TYPO3 Core Development.
Explore TYPO3 Decision Platform
Last but not the least, Meet the First-Ever TYPO3 Marketplace, We dream of a flourished TYPO3 Ecosystem!
Thanks for reading this article, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it.
I want to write down again, You will feel amazing because TYPO3 Community is awesome, friendly, lovely and supportive. Try to connect with them from one of the above channels, and I bet you’ll be happy with the response!
Let’s have a quick recap to keep stay connected with the TYPO3 Community.
- Understand the importance of why you should connect with TYPO3 Community
- Try to attend at least one major TYPO3 events like T3DD, T3CON or TYPO3 Camp
- Join the TYPO3 user groups nearer to your city
- Explore and join one of the TYPO3 team with an area of your interest
- If are far too aways physically to meet friends, Keep staying connected with TYPO3 guys and gals with a digital platform like Slack, Stackoverflow, social media group, etc.,
Do you have any questions or want help? Feel free to write down to below comment section, we will happy to answer you.
Have a Happy TYPO3 Get-together - Inspire People to Communicate!